Love. It’s one of the main things that the Bible teaches us. It’s something that we hear about at church all the time. We even dream about it. Love is the greatest feeling in the world, but it can also be misunderstood and even damaging. So, why am I bringing Hollywood into this?
For starters, it makes for a great story. Almost every story out there has some kind of link to love in it. Also, celebrities get together and get married all the time. It’s completely normal to hear about famous couples. But, do you know what else is normal when it comes to Tinseltown? Divorce.
Now, Jesus said that there are circumstances where it’s OK, but celebrities seem to get a divorce almost as quickly as they’ve cut the cake. This doesn’t go for everyone, but it seems to be happening all the time. It’s devastating.
I’m not one to judge. There have been some cases, I’m sure, where there has been abuse and cheating. A big no-no and God is against that. But, is it just me or does it seem like sometimes (not always) celebrity couples don’t work through their problems?
Here are a few factors as to why they may have decided to end things. (This is just speculation, not fact.)
1. Actors are trained to show a wide range of emotions and they’re trained to get very angry at times. Those emotions don’t automatically end when filming does. At times, it can be very hard to let go of those feelings. Acting is more than just playing pretend, it’s about tapping into something deep inside you. Once you’ve tapped into that, you can’t just flip the off switch. This probably leads to heated arguments at home.
2. Usually, when you’re a celebrity, you have many men or women that have crushes on you. People think that they want to date you because they think they know all about you. This can lead to jealousy.
3. When actors do movies, most of the time they have to kiss someone else. This can also lead to jealousy and sometimes cheating. We’ve heard about actors leaving their partners many times for their co-stars.
4. Whether it’s doing a movie or a TV show, showing up at a club, or becoming a spokesperson, celebrities make money all sorts of ways and a lot of that involves late nights and traveling. Usually, their spouse has something going on as well, so they’re both away from home a lot and don’t get to spend as much time together. This can sometimes change a person or couple.
5. One celebrity may have their career take off in a matter of seconds, leaving their partner sometimes wishing for a piece of it. Or, that may not be the case. One of their career’s might take off and they may end up replacing their spouse with it.
So, those are some ideas. I’m not saying that divorce is a good thing, because I don’t believe in it, but this may have shed some light on why this seems to happen so much in L.A. Also, remember that just because these people are famous, doesn’t mean that they don’t have the same problems and feelings that we all have.
Marriage is a beautiful thing and it’s one of the smartest things that I’ve ever done. All I can say to each of you is to never give up on love. Also, love and marriage are gits from our Heavenly Father. Let us treat it as such.